söndag 8 augusti 2010

Monica Buongiovanni


Born in Naples, Italy. 1974.

I live and work in Florence, Italy where I attended the three years course
at "Alchimia" International Contemporary Jewellery School (2004-2007).
Graduated as industrial designer (2003) after two years of architecture
studies at "Federico II" University in Naples.
I have worked as graphic and industrial designer since 2001 with
accessories-fashion companies and design studios in Italy and Germany.

In my jewellery I am attempting to express intimate impressions.
Moods, mentions.
Sometimes the everyday objects are protagonists, keepers of presences,
absences. They tell memories or wishes.
Sometimes a story wrote from a famous writer becames itself an object.
Simple materials as silk, paper, glass, soap, wood combined to metals
and images.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar